The client’s quotes and renewals process was manual and time-consuming, as it involved assessing risk exposure and feeding data into multiple client systems. It sought to reduce turnaround time significantly, improve accuracy, and drive cost reduction.
We, the Mphasis Robotic Process Automation (RPA) team, deployed a desktop automation solution that implemented the following:
• Used the OpenSpan RPA tool
• Enabled processing of cases in a non-invasive manner, without changing the client’s core systems
• Applied Lean principles to reduce the number of process steps and improve efficiency
The solution was designed to club manual steps together so that we could get as close to complete straight-through processing as possible. However, automation of some manual steps was not commercially or technically feasible.
Our solution catalyzed the following benefits for the client:
• Automation of processes after simplification and streamlining led to 55 percent full-time equivalent (FTE) reduction
• Reduction in turnaround time by 80-90 percent
• Improvement in cycle times and service level agreement (SLAs)
• Improved accuracy and reduced errors
• Consolidation of process steps and interfaces to minimize human effort
• Simplification of agent operations enabled new agents to be more productive and reduced training time