A world leader in developing technology for a second-generation Microscope Platform, Optical Systems, Industrial Measurements and Medical Devices.
The client needed a new iPad application to be released along with its new surgical microscope that they were planning to launch. They wanted to enable the users to control the entire microscope through the application and live stream the surgery video with minimal latency. Further, the need was to store the video and images onto local database or DICOM server for integration with market leading storage providers. Also, the client intended to build new business models for surgical microscopes, microscope digitalization, and license-based feature enablement.
• Identifying key technical risks and retiring them with an early POC
• Defining the requirements for a Minimum Viable Product by working with product owners
• Iterative development with periodic feature adjustments based on user group feedback
• Aligning the releases with high profile public events
• Feature-based license model that generates additional revenue to the client
• Implementing features for controlling camera and microscope through iPad to enable live view, recording, image acquisition, manipulation and enhancement, image and video storage & retrieval with DICOM server
Wirelessly controlled microscopes, viewing live streams and managing data in dental surgery
Increased sales of surgical dental microscopes in newer geographies
Feature-rich platform extendable to other application areas such as ENT and Neurosurgery