A world leader in developing technology for a second-generation Microscope Platform, Optical Systems, Industrial Measurements and Medical Devices.
The client was looking for new business models for surgical microscopes, microscope digitalization and license-based feature enablement, and integration with market leading storage leaders and DICOM compliance.
Mphasis helped the client in:
• Identifying key technical risks and retiring them with an early POC
• Defining the requirements for a Minimum Viable Product by working with product owners
• Iterative development with periodic feature adjustments based on user group feedback
• Implementing features for controlling camera and microscope through iPad to enable live view, recording, image acquisition, manipulation and enhancement, image and video storage & retrieval with DICOM server
• Aligning the releases with high profile public events
We helped the client with:
• Wirelessly controlled microscopes, viewing live stream and managing data in dental surgery
• Increased sales of surgical dental microscopes in newer geographies
• Feature-rich platform extendable to other application areas such as ENT and Neurosurgery
• Feature-based license model that generates additional revenue to the client