The client is a telecommunications and information services company in Australia providing broadband, voice, and wireless services to consumers and businesses. Its objectives included achieving business continuity with minimal downtime, a quick stabilization post hand over, and successful migration to a new system.
The client wanted to upgrade from the American Directories Operations and Computerized Systems (AMDOCS) Intelecable legacy solution to the multi-pay, smart pack platform. We, at Mphasis, had to focus on various aspects of this migration including billing and collections operations management, order capture and management, tariff configuration, payment interface development, provisioning management, content management, financial report generation, system and performance testing and automation, and incident management.
We took the following measures to ensure a smooth transition:
• Designing of transformation roadmap
• Planning of migration
• Re-using and consolidating tariff configuration
• Fetching internet protocol television integration
• Masking credit cards
• Optimizing over the top (OTT) Optus Smart space
• Customizing support for digital television (DTV) provisioning
Our innovative solutions allowed the client to gain the following benefits:
• Business continuity with zero downtime
• Quick stabilization (business as usual state) post-handover
• Successful migration to new system