The client is the third-largest wireless network operator in the United States, with a subscriber base of 55 million, and annual revenues of US$ 35.5 billion. We, at Mphasis, have worked with them since December 2004 to address business challenges and achieve objectives.
The client needed dependable operations support for its incredibly large user base. However, with over 40 applications and a complex business environment, it faced many challenges in achieving this. The client required application maintenance and support, application development, testing-related services, technology support, and expertise in mainframe, Java, Oracle, Visual Basic, .NET, AS400, C/C++, Natural Adabas, Lotus Notes, Livelink, Sharepoint, and Actuate.
Our team began with a roadmap and plan to provide development and production support for over 115 applications and provided the following:
• Customer care support for any issues related to network provisioning applications
• End-to-end ownership of invoice generation for residential and enterprise wireline customers, with system upgrades, data migration, and performance tuning to build a solid infrastructure and enhance services and operations
• Ownership of the security and authentication applications
• Complete ownership of the entire wireline billing suite of applications that includes mediation, rating, invoicing, and collections
• Generation of sales compensation reports for 6,000 sales representatives
Our innovative solutions allowed our client to experience the following benefits:
• 100 percent service level agreement (SLA) compliance has been continuously achieved for the past 9 years with zero penalty
• 15 percent reduction in overall incident counts in FY13 compared to FY12
• Post-production defects eradicated
• 70.68 million invoices generated on-time, with 4 billion calls of a total duration of 16.46 billion minutes
• US$8.8 billion revenue enabled through smooth functioning of wireline invoice processing system during 2012-2013
• 53 different bill cycles that ran every month, without any delays