The client is a leading European bank with a huge presence in the United States as well. The client wanted an innovative partner who could transform service desk, IT proximity, and improve IT service in a cost-effective manner.
The client’s American arm faced different IT service desk related challenges such as long wait time to log tickets, high turnaround times, lack of reporting capabilities, and generic categorization of tickets that affected service quality and customer experience.
In order to resolve business challenges, we at Mphasis, came up with an innovative approach that focused on:
• Standardizing processes and knowledge enhancements
• Defining critical-to-quality lead metrics and automation of reports
• Implementing advanced analytics, robust governance, and controls
Within a year, we were able to reduce the turnaround time, improve service quality, and increase customer satisfaction by:
• Improving mean time to repair (MTTR) from 59 hours to less than four hours
• Enhancing the average speed of answering support phone calls from 79 to 24 seconds
• Augmenting the answer rates from 75 percent to 89 percent
• Improving the tickets-to-call ratio from 43 percent to 99 percent
• Reducing the generic categorization of tickets from 82 percent to less than 5 percent ensuring proper ticket assignment and resolution
• Minimizing the number of open tickets across IT groups by 65 percent
• Enabling analysis of tickets to drive effective actions through automation of reports