The client wished to exceed current performance levels and adopt a minimum risk approach for moving applications off the mainframe, to the mid-range platform. It also wanted to reduce costs by moving three, critical mainframe applications to mid-range platform on Windows and Unix. In order to achieve this, our team at Mphasis, had to move three mission-critical mainframe applications, convert data from EBCDIC to ASCII , integrate utilities, and migrate go-live data.
Our team at Mphasis devised a two-phase approach to the mainframe re-host solution as follows:
The assessment and POC phase proved the business case for re-hosting and built client confidence, along with the following benefits:
• Achieved performance expectation in the target mid-range environment for a critical batch process
• Defined strategies for migrating code, data, third-party components, utilities, and testing
• Outlined the target infrastructure
• Accomplished code, data migration, and system testing milestones of the re-host engagement
• Reduced cost by moving critical mainframe applications to mid-range platform