Our client—a leading, middle-eastern bank—wanted to modernize its retail banking services for the digital age. It wanted to streamline services across channels and enhance customer experience by making information accessible across different channels and in real time.
The bank wanted to create one backbone for different channels to access information across the various information systems for retail banking. It also wanted to decouple the core banking system and different channel applications like internet banking, interactive voice response (IVR), access to money (ATM), and mobile banking; having near real-time data availability.
Mphasis worked on the bank’s service oriented architecture using TIBCO BusinessWorks (BW) and TIBCO Enterprise Message Service (EMS) for the retail banking platform and successfully:
• Created and provided information from a reference datastore to decongest the core banking system
• Interfaced with bank applications to provide information over the existing MQ infrastructure by implementing TIBCO MQ adapters to assure high availability and reliability of data interchange
• Created reusable services for future use by branch banking and corporate banking solutions
Our solution enabled the client to gain the following benefits:
• Created nearly 60 services in Phase 1 of the project
• Created additional 50 services (in progress) for Phase 2 of the project
• Ensured that new channels benefitted from re-use of services designed for Phase 1
• Reduced cost of development and estimations for branch banking and corporate banking solutions due to service reuse