The client is a leading orthopedic device manufacturing company with 60 years of experience in physical therapy and over 30 years of capability in the orthopedics markets. It has been delivering high-quality orthopedic devices, with a broad range of products used for rehabilitation, pain management, and physical therapy with 5,400 employees in 27 countries (over 3,200 distributor employees) and a worldwide revenue of around $1.2 billion.
As the company had multiple enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer-facing disjointed applications, it was looking for portfolio optimization and consolidation. The aim was to not only improve the fragmented customer experience, but also address the existing performance challenges due to a highly-customized, e-business suite (EBS) environment. Some of the other concerns of the client included filling gaps in service and knowledge management, increasing the bandwidth to address business surge, and reducing the efforts involved in resolving large ticket volumes.
We first focused on getting the process alignment right and then deployed application tools such as customization analyzer, configuration analyzer (C2), and health check. After this stage, our team concentrated on institutionalizing effective problem management and prepared a phased, structured plan agreement from the current mode of operations (CMO) through to future mode of operations (FMO). As a next step, the redundant business logic was eliminated and we re-ordered validations. All this resulted in the reduction of complexities and turnaround times. Finally, the C2 tool was also used to identify custom components along with their complexities. The three, primary components of our solution included:
• Process alignment through ITIL-based operations with 16X5 coverage and deployment of the C2 tool
• Plan of agreement for CMO and FMO
• Elimination of unnecessary business logic and re-ordering of validations to reduce complexities and turnaround time
From cost savings and amplified performance to optimized effort, the client was able to resolve existing business challenges and benefitted as follows:
• Improved performance of long-running programs by 15 percent
• Reduced tickets by 20 percent in six months by permanently fixing recurring issues
• Minimized effort by 22 percent through planned and scheduled activities in upgrade effort using Mphasis Upgrade Solution and Transformation Services (MUSTS). This project is currently underway
• Eliminated effort in downloading and sending invoices to end customers. It was accomplished through increased usage of iReceivables as the data discrepancies issues were fixed (manual to custom solution)
• Achieved 30 percent cost savings, along with lower total cost of ownership (TCO)
• Aligned service levels with business objectives