The client was a top player in the commercial insurance and brokering field. The objective of the client was to develop an automated quote generation process for a smooth case handling experience.
The existing quote generation process flow had more than 60 input fields per case and greater than 90 input fields per location. Locations ranged from 1 to 1,300 per case. In addition, the process was tedious and had other challenges such as multiple input formats (PPT, PDF, Word, etc.), manual and error-prone processes, and cumbersome browsing across six different applications to add /update/ view case details.
Our mobility team was set to fix all the existing gaps, and we designed a strategic solution that achieved a 90 percent reduction in case handling time. The solution was structured as follows:
• Designed a robotic process automation (RPA) solution that fits into the client environment without changing client core applications (desktop integration)
• Analyzed client’s process and developed a proof of concept (POC) to establish the suitability of the RPA solution
• Built business case for a larger automation roll out initiative
• Trained the operations team for new process steps, automation tool, and change management
• Consolidated the metadata fields into one excel-based application that acts as a source for the automation tool
• Created management information system (MIS) log files to improve the traceability of the process
We achieved the objective of the project and enabled the client to experience the following benefits:
• Automated 5 out of 6 applications in the process
• Reduced 90 percent of the mouse click across the case life cycle
• Achieved 90 percent reduction in case handling time
• Delivered complete accuracy over automated steps
• Reduced 65 percent of full-time equivalents (FTEs)