The client is a leading information technology (IT) company with global presence. In order to enhance product quality and accelerate speed to market, it needed a cutting-edge solution that would automate testing processes and enhance customer satisfaction.
The client wanted to bring down the cost of quality, warranty costs, and constraints in end-to-end automation due to manual intervention. It also wanted to address problems arising due to lack of tools/procedures and overcome challenges in automating the validation of pre-operating system (OS) environment. In addition, product issues arising from existing ‘automation software’ needed a fix as well.
We reduced the physical validation effort and developed features to catch high impact issues in-house. As a result of our efforts, stress test related issues were reduced to less than one percent. We successfully implemented the following solutions to address the challenges faced by the client:
• Implemented a zero-touch automation solution with a tight integration of robotics, vision, and application based testing
• Cleaned the test setup and deployed a minimal intrusive test framework, driven by dedicated host
• Implemented a generic automation solution to incorporate multitude of user actions using physical robotics
• Deployed a vison-based solution as an alternate to simulation-based automation
Our solution helped the client with the following benefits:
• Dock validation effort reduced by up to 60 percent
• 51 percent return on investment (RoI) realized
• 23 percent of P1 defects detected by robotics automation
• Utilized vision capabilities for BSOD and graphics issues
The client also appreciated our efforts and the following captures one of the accolades “It’s a big deal reaching this milestone – the culmination of a year of planning and development to deploy to the Online Data Management Systems (ODMs). We have a robotic validation architecture that I expect will serve our test needs very well for years to come. There is much to be proud of.”