The client is a leading technology and logistics company. It wanted to create a branded customer experience on mobile and the web for same-day city delivery.
The client wanted to enable consumers to select same-day shipping at checkout with real-time tracking and the convenience to customize delivery. Our team, at Mphasis, had to focus on program management, architecture, Agile and DevOps, application design and development, WFs, and user interface design.
With our technological expertise in Java, Spring Boot/Cloud, RabbitMQ, MySql, Redis, MS Azure, PCF, mobile (iOS – Objective C, XCode & Android – Java, Android Studion), and the web; we devised a solution that involved:
• Application of Design Thinking, lean startup, and Agile approach
• Management of requirements with themes, features, and user stories
• Creation of system architecture and user interface design, as well as design and development for the functionalities on mobile and web portal application using Android, Obj C, and Angular JS
• Execution of micro- services as core engine deployed on PCF/Azure and integrated through API management layer
• Integration and deployment of DevOps, continuous integration and deployment
• Automation of unit, system, and E2E testing through JUnit, Jasmin, and Karma
Our solution allowed for execution in Agile mode and established a microservices framework, which enabled the client to experience the following benefits:
• 35 percent incremental builds per day
• 85 percent code coverage with low watermark
• 90 percent test automation
• Less than five percent regression defects
• 11 cloud native microservices