STEP INTO THE FUTURE WITH APPLICATION MODERNIZATION
The Mphasis innovative approach and proprietary tools transform application performance
For enterprises to remain relevant in the new age, the performance of applications must constantly align with rapidly changing software platforms, faster time-to-market requirements, new performance and compliance demands, and technology redundancies.
At Mphasis, we offer a wide range of services that modernize legacy applications and enhance application management. Over 950 consultants, a unique Maintenance2Modernization approach, and a proprietary automation tool—NGTrans—enable us to transform application performance through capability assessment, portfolio analysis, and legacy modernization. In addition, our Source Object and Code Analyzer (SOCA) and COBOL Explorer, Analyzer, and DocuMentor (CEAD) tools work with codes that are compliable without errors and generate customizable MIS reports for code stocks.
Mphasis offers such services for legacy applications that have substantial knowledge but little documentation, and where original authors are not available and application documents are needed to help architects, designers, developers, and testers.
Migrating from a mainframe legacy platform can help your company become more agile and responsive. We offer specialized mainframe migration solutions, with years of proven experience in application and platform migrations.
Migrating client/server applications that are developed in Visual Basic 6.0, PowerBuilder, Oracle Forms, Delphi, and MS Access to the respective target .Net/ JEE platforms using various tools and accelerators.
We offer a unique approach that simultaneously modernizes applications and optimizes maintenance costs and efforts. This approach reduces total cost of ownership, offers near-immediate responses to business needs, and rationalizes and modernizes an enterprise’s application portfolio.
• Availability of business functionalities and data to users
• Data delivery points
• Technology trends
• Availability of resources
• Technology obsolescence
• Market performance
• Keep applications running
• Adopt latest technology
• Embrace new business models
• Implement new delivery methodology
• Update resources to adapt new technologies
• Set new standards and performance
• Achieve maintenance and modernization state in parallel
• Optimize cost
• Plan for shutting down legacy tracks
• Create checklists and guidelines to ensure modernized applications are put in production
Retain Best/Most Experienced Resources to Ensure Functional Knowledge is Retained
Reduce Combined Costs and Spread Them Over a Longer Duration
Work and Learn New Technologies, in Parallel
Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Ensure Seamless Migration
Reduce Implementation Pressures Through a Phased Approach
Iterative migration of data from legacy to new systems.
• Guarantees accuracy and quality through audit and checks
• Supports multi-year, multi-phase programs
IT operations and phased sunset of replaced systems.
• Frees up key SMEs to work on new platforms by taking over administration and phased sunset of legacy platforms
Move an existing application to lower cost infrastructure through emulation and virtual machines.
• Reduces TCO of existing applications by eliminating need for a few instances of a legacy platform
Build a knowledge repository set required to support an older application.
• Reduces cost of maintaining legacy applications by reducing dependency on a few SMEs
Re-implement existing functionality using modern technology and design best practices.
• Reduces TCO, cost per change, and time to market
NGTrans is our proprietary tool that manages migrations of legacy applications automatically. The tool automatically extracts user interface patterns, business logic, and data logic from legacy applications and maps them to the target environment and architecture. It then generates target code blocks for the new environment.
Source Object and Code Analyzer (SOCA) is an automated source object and code analyzer tool for Visual Basic 6, C++, FORTRAN, Oracle Forms, PowerBuilder, Delphi, and COBOL. It works with codes that are compilable without any error and generates customized MIS reports for code stocks within the area of application assessment and sizing.
CEAD (COBOL Explorer, Analyzer and DocuMentor) is a code analyzer, explorer, and DocuMentor for ‘Mainframe COBOL.’ These documents could be used for the purpose of application modernization, deploying the rules in other platforms and of course for maintenance and enhancement.
• Shorter delivery cycle times
• Re-useable application code patterns
• Easy implementation
• Better user interfaces
• Highly customizable and configurable to align with individual projects based on architecture
• Significant cost savings
• Minimal effort in sizing legacy applications
• Immediate response to clients
• Explores, analyzes, and documents business logic, validations, and process flow